Friday, May 17, 2013

Music to fly spaceships to

When I started playing EVE, music to accompany me on my first steps in New Eden was very important. The extra dimension it gave to the game was amazing. From the start me and my RL friend turned off the standard Eve music and put on classic albums like "The 2001 space odyssey soundtrack, Star trek soundtracks or Floyd's "Dark side of the moon". The latter was a rediscovery for me in a way as I had not listened to the album for years. For weeks I played Dark side and Meddle back to back over and over while mining, missioning and getting to know Eve in general. These were both so amazing albums that fitted nicely into the Eve universe (at least for me they did) and they enhanced my gaming experience for a great deal. I've been thinking about music and Eve lately because I tend to play without any music as I'm on comms as soon as I log on to the game and started missing it in a way. I just think it isn't that handy to have music blasting while getting orders from your FC. So once in a while when I have to do some hauling in high sec or other solo stuff, I turn up the graphics and put on the Floyd, crank it up and just enjoy the beauty of both worlds!

No comments:

Post a Comment